Most of the people like to use Internet Download Manager or IDM to download YouTube videos. However, IDM not showing up on YouTube issues occur due to YouTube updates. Do not worry! Here are the solutions to solve when IDM not working in YouTube.
Part 1: Troubleshoot IDM Not Working on YouTube
The following are some of the common problems that lead to IDM not appearing on YouTube. These are also the corresponding solutions when you see the Internet Download Manager not working on YouTube all of a sudden.
# 1: Instead of downloading videos, IDM downloads a web page.
This happens when you download a direct link from YouTube with the IDM, which doesn’t really work, then don’t download directly. You have to open the link first and play the video in a web player. Check the download video panel. This can be seen in the upper right corner of the web player. Then click on it and wait for the download to start.
# 2: In most cases, IDM does not display the video download panel.
- Check the IDM integration in your browser. Sometimes the problem is there.
- It may also be because the videos you are downloading use protocols that are not supported by IDM.
- You can also check their list of exceptions. Make sure YouTube is not one of the sites on the list. Open «Options> General», then press «Edit» which is near “Customize IDM download panels in browsers”. Click on “Exceptions”. A list will appear, if the YouTube.com is there, delete it.
# 3: Sometimes when you open the video downloaded by IDM and find the message “File not found”.
Probably because you are using an older version of IDM. You must update and get the latest version of IDM. After the update, you must restart your computer for the update to take effect.
# 4: You can’t see all kinds of video and quality options in the Download Panel.
If you are already using the latest version of IDM and the problem persists, you will need to select the option you want in a player. In this way, the IDM will add the option to download in your Panel to download videos.
# 5: The IDM displays a 403-forbidden message when clicking on the Download Panel.
- Your VPN / IP connection in your browser must be the same in the IDM.
- You must update to the latest version of IDM.
These are just some of the problems that can occur when using the Internet Download Manager. There are other problems that can occur when the IDM does not work on YouTube, such as:
- IDM is not supported on Mac.
- The IDM interface is not easy to use, and you can get lost when using it.
- The planning and management capabilities are a bit fiddly and can be irritating to some less tech-savvy users.
- It is not the fastest downloading app on the web.
- Technical knowledge is required to access advanced IDM features.