Pioneer is a term that comes from the French language (pioneer) and that mentions the subject that start exploring or populating territories virgins. For example: “Tomorrow there will be a tribute to the pioneers of the town in the Promotion Association”, “My grandfather was one of the pioneers who built the first houses in the town”, “The pioneer family announced the creation of a museum that will collect the history of the city”.
A pioneer can also be an individual who performs a certain action for the first time in the history of humanity or that develops an unprecedented trend in any discipline: “The pioneer of electronic blues will perform tomorrow at the Casa de la Cultura”, “The Catalan chef is often referred to as the pioneer of molecular gastronomy”, “I do not understand Mirulatti: he says he is the pioneer of the genre in the country but he repeats what Gomlork did a decade ago”.
There are, of course, different classes of pioneers depending on the geographic region and what is considered. It is known as mormon pioneers, to name a group, the mens and the women what, between 1847 Y 1869, toured the United States and settled in the area that currently belongs to Utah.
The Pioneer Movement, on the other hand, is the set of youth associations that are linked to the socialist and communist parties. In countries governed by the socialism, minors tend to enter this type of group when they start primary education. Upon reaching adolescence, they become part of the youth of the Communist Party in question.
It is worth mentioning that the term pioneer can also be used to speak of a revolutionary creation that marked a before and after thanks to rethinking the bases or transcending the borders explored up to that point in a given field. In the history of cinema, for example, there have been many examples of pioneering people and works, as follows:
* in 1902 the first short film by Science fiction, called «Trip to the moon«. Its creators were also pioneers in the use of special effects and all this brought them fruit, since their film is among the 100 best of the 20th century;
* the Kinemacolor system was a pioneer in the production of color films. It has been used since 1908, but it was only in 1914 that it gave life to a feature film, «The World, the Flesh and the Devil»(«The World, the Flesh and the Devil«). Despite the innovation that it represented, it also led to numerous problems at a technical level, which is why it fell into disuse after this work;
* the movie “Inspiration»(«Inspiration«), Released in 1915, was pioneering in that it showed a completely naked actress, Audrey Munson, a well-known model who had posed without clothes for many artists. Knowing this work, it is curious that the North American film industry has censored the nudes for three decades beginning in 1934;
* the film titled «The Jazz Singer»(1927) was the first to have a sound in history. As a curious fact, it was also controversial for having a white actor made up to appear black, something that sparked complaints of racism. Although it is hard to believe, many people in the film world thought that talkies would be a passing fad;
* the DVD is a technology that nowadays begins to be old compared to Blu-ray, but in 1996 the film «Twister»(«Twister«) Was the first to be released in this format, which would quickly outpace VHS. In a short time, the catalog of DVD titles grew considerably.