I love party themes! Decorating is half the fun of a party. Here are some of my favorite party ideas I’ve thrown this year:
While a theme can be a great way to get creative, it can also help you focus your efforts on a particular style of decorating. For instance, if you have a beach-themed party, all of your decorations should reflect that. If you’re having an elegant formal dinner party, then choose more traditional decorations like candlesticks and lanterns.
Favorite theme-based parties
Here are some of my favorite theme-based parties I’ve thrown this year:
- A summer party with a retro twist. We rented a beach house and decorated it with streamers and balloons, hung up pictures of old Elvis Presley concerts and put together a playlist of 1950s rock ‘n’ roll music. We also hosted an outdoor picnic with food from the era (think burgers, hot dogs and chips). Most importantly, we had activities like volleyball games on the sand and hula-hoop contests in the backyard.
- A book party for my husband’s 30th birthday. Everyone had to bring a copy of their current favorite book or one that meant something special for them—for example, one friend brought an old children’s storybook he used to read to his daughter when she was little; another brought her bestseller novel from college days! Guests were encouraged to read aloud from their books as part of entertainment at the party. In addition, everyone got involved in creating some sort of craft related to whatever book they brought—that could mean making origami figures based on characters in their books or painting scenes inspired by plot points within them. A few people even wrote short stories based on their selections! It was such a fun night filled with laughter while also being thoughtful towards each other’s interests!
Casual backyard summer bash
If you’re looking for a way to keep your guests entertained, consider hosting a casual summer bash complete with good old fashioned lawn games! Lawn games are easy to set up and tend to draw people in as they become competitive—which means more interaction between guests. Best of all, they’re fun for kids too!
Here’s how to host the perfect summer party:
- Set up an outdoor bar where people can get drinks and snacks throughout the evening.
- Hang white lights around your yard, or bring out some lanterns from spring if you have them stored away somewhere (they are great for outdoor parties). This will help keep things looking bright even after the sun goes down.
- Put together some classic lawn games like horseshoes or cornhole (a bean bag toss game), or add some colorful duct tape flags on top of regular volleyball nets so that everyone can play badminton without having any equipment invested in beforehand.
Create a whole party
- Choose a book or movie that everyone in your group has read or seen. If you’re not sure if everyone is familiar with the same thing, ask around!
- Decorate the party space to look like the setting in the book or movie. This can be anything from having props available throughout your space to setting up an entire themed room for eating, playing games and doing other activities.
- Have a trivia game about the book or movie: Make sure it’s something fun for all ages and don’t make it too hard so that people can still participate even if they haven’t read/watched all of it yet!
- Have a costume contest for guests!
Camping birthday party
Whether you’re hosting a birthday party for your son or daughter, their friends, or even just for yourself and your family, a camping theme is sure to be a hit. Camping is a great theme because you can do it in any weather! Just think—you can have your very own indoor camping party even when it’s pouring rain outside! And there are so many fun things that you can do at home that feel like they’re happening outdoors: playing flashlight tag around the house; making campfires on the floor using candles and fake logs; playing games like hide-and-seek and musical chairs with flashlights; eating s’mores (gooey chocolate bars sandwiched between graham crackers); roasting marshmallows on sticks over an open flame; telling stories by candlelight—and so much more! You don’t need to wait until summertime rolls around again before having another great outdoor adventure. Just invite all of your friends over for some indoor camping fun instead!
Try a Sugar rush party
You know you want to!
- Invite all your friends over for a sweet party.
- Decorate with colorful balloons and streamers.
- Make a big batch of brownies or cupcakes.
- Have a candy bar with a variety of candy, including gummy bears and candy necklaces.
- Play “Guess That Candy”—give each person an unwrapped piece of candy that they have to guess before you bite into it yourself (it’s harder than you think!).
Murder mystery party
For the older crowd, host a murder mystery party with all your friends! You’ll need to keep the mystery going throughout your whole party. Here are some tips:
- Have a secret location for which you will meet at the start of the night so that people don’t know where you are going until it is time to go
- Give each person a different identity, motive and weapon. Make up a story about why they would want to kill off their partner in crime (i.e.: “You murdered my brother 10 years ago and now I want revenge!”)
- Give each person their own alibi: Tell them what happened during their disappearance from the group and how long it took for them to get back into town again. They can even bring someone else along with them if they want!
- Pick one person as your target (you decide upon this) and make sure everyone knows who it is so that they can try to find ways around killing this individual without getting caught themselves by either police or angry family members looking for revenge against whoever did it first; however these other individuals must also have an accomplice who helps them out through various means such as providing weapons/vehicles etcetera).
Try hosting a casino party!
If you’re ready to get the gang together for an unforgettable night, hosting a casino party is sure to be a blast. Casino theme parties are fun for everyone, whether you’ve got high rollers or not! Your guests will love their chance to win big bucks while enjoying all the perks of being at an actual casino:
- Have a Casino Night Theme
- Have a dealer and roulette wheel
- Have blackjack tables (with dealers)
- Poker tables (with dealers)
- Craps table(s) with dealers/sharpshooters
Painting and wine party
If you have some artsy friends, consider hosting a painting and wine party. Check out your local art supply store to see what they have in stock. It’s easy to find canvases, brushes, paints and other supplies that will make your event fun and memorable. If you don’t know anything about art but would still like to host one of these events at home or in your office space just ask an artist friend for recommendations!
Once you have all the equipment needed for painting it will be time for actual painting! To keep things organized we recommend having each guest sign up in advance so that everyone knows what day their turn will be during the event (and also because it makes sense from an organizational standpoint). When someone signs up they can choose which painting they would like to do during their session and then purchase their ticket ahead of time as well! This way there are no surprises at all when it comes time for them to actually participate – just fun times with friends while creating something beautiful together 🙂
Whether you’re hosting a summer soirée, or a murder mystery party for your book club, there’s no reason not to have a great time. So get creative and have fun with it! Whether you’re looking for inspiration or just want some ideas on how other people have thrown their own parties, we’ve got the goods right here.
Whether you’re throwing a birthday bash or having a meeting with friends, planning a party is hard work. What should you do? Where should it be? Who should come? Here’s the answer: all of it. Planning a party is basically the same as planning life itself—you need to choose what kind of party you want, invite people who will enjoy themselves there, and then make sure everything goes smoothly whether by theme or invitation.
If you are planning a birthday party, select a theme that is relevant to your child or the occasion. You can also choose one that is relevant to the guests of honor, such as their favorite sports team or cartoon character. If possible, try to find a theme that relates to where your event will take place. For example, if it’s at home and you have several large trees in your yard, consider something with an outdoor theme such as camping or being at camp. Or perhaps there is something unique about the venue itself—if so go ahead and use it! Finally, make sure that whatever you choose fits with the season of when it takes place (e.g., winter parties should be themed around snow).
When it comes to invitations, the most important thing is to be sure that your guests know where they should be and when.
You can create a customized invitation with the help of an online service like InviteBox or Evite. You can also use templates from their websites or create your own by hand. It is useful to include details such as:
- The theme or concept of the party (e.g., “a circus-themed birthday party for my son”)
- The date, time and address of the event (e.g., “May 23rd from 7 p.m.-9 p.”m.)
- A contact number in case there are any problems (e.g., “call xxx-xxx-xxxx if you need directions”).
- Food should be served in a timely manner.
- Food should be prepared in a way that is easy to eat.
- The food must be tasty, healthy and appealing.
- The way the food is served should also be easy for guests to partake of.
Music and Entertainment
The music you choose for your party can have a huge impact on the mood of your event. Music that is too loud, for example, may seem like it’s trying to mask other things that are going on (like if there is some kind of argument or disagreement between two or more people). It also might make people feel uncomfortable and overwhelmed because it is so intense.
So what kind of music should you play at a party? Well, this depends mostly on what kind of party you’re having. If it’s a large group celebration where there will be dancing and singing along with drinking alcohol, then you might want to play upbeat dance music like pop songs by artists like Katy Perry or Taylor Swift—but not too many songs by them! Too many would get annoying fast because they all sound similar in the same way that all foods taste the same after eating too much mint chocolate chip ice cream.”
Decorations are an easy way to add color and fun to any party. There are many different kinds of decorations, including streamers and balloons, which can be purchased or made by hand. It’s also possible to decorate your party space using things you have around the house (such as old cups and saucers). Decorations can be elaborate or simple—it’s up to you! If you don’t want to spend money on decorations for future parties, consider making some permanent fixtures that will last through multiple celebrations (such as a string of lights draped across the ceiling).
Party favors are a fun and easy way to end your party. They can be as simple as a small gift (e.g., stickers, pencils) or as elaborate as a small craft project (e.g., rubber band bracelets). You can even come up with a theme for each guest’s favor! The possibilities are endless!
For example, if you’re planning on having an 80’s-themed birthday party for your best friend who loves all things neon and ridiculous, consider giving out neon sunglasses or some other type of neon accessories as party favors—they’ll be sure to love them! Or if you’re throwing an eighties-themed wedding reception but still want something elegant enough for the occasion, consider giving out customized champagne flutes that guests will use throughout their big day.
A party can be fun — but planning it is even better.
The first thing you should know is that planning a party is fun. No, really. It’s not just an excuse to shop and wear a dress. (Unless you want it to be.) Planning a party is less stressful than hosting one, because you can plan everything in advance and forget about it until the big day arrives. You’ll also be able to use your creativity and personality when planning your shindig, which makes the whole process even more enjoyable!
And what’s better than showing off how much you love someone? Don’t worry about getting everything perfect for this person; just do whatever makes sense for both of you–and don’t forget about me!
That’s it for our party ideas. Now, you have everything you need to throw the perfect party — whether it’s a birthday bash, a shower or just an excuse to get together with friends and family.
Click on some image to Discover our Party Ideas!!!!
Leave a Reply