SOMEONE ASKED 👇
what do hard boiled eggs taste like?
HERE THE ANSWERS 👇
They taste kinda slippery on the outside, and the white bit is sorta rubbery but far more chewable than this description makes it sound.
At the center, the yolk is different and somewhat powdery; dry. Both the white and the yolk are somewhat bland tasting, which is why salt and pepper work such amazing wonders. I believe the texture defines the taste more than the flavor.
Eggs with mayo (and maybe some relish) combine to make egg salad, as subbing the egg for tuna makes tuna salad. When you mix the egg and tuna together and make egg + tuna salad, it tastes really good too 🙂 So that’s obviously what you should make. If you’re very lucky, you have bread, lettuce and tomato.
Tuna salad. Chop up the hard boiled eggs, mix with the tuna and mayo. Chopped celery would be nice also. Chill before eating on a sandwich is best.
To make hard boiled eggs properly, start them off in cold water, bring to a simmer, take them off the heat and cover for 10 minutes, strain them and put them into an ice bath until they cool down and then ᴘᴇᴇl them. Less green ring around the yoke, making them prettier. You probably smell sulfur from the yoke. It is a part of the proteins.
You can make tuna salad or egg salad by combining smashed hard boiled eggs and mayo to either. I like to use miracle whip but if you have a little mustard to pep it up a bit it should be fine. Eggs smell even in egg salad. There is nothing like opening a lunch box with an egg salad sandwich in it in a crowded lunch room. (smile) But, it sure tastes good.
Ignore the smell. Don’t over-boil them, that just makes the smell worse. 6-8 minutes max.
It sounds like you could make a pepper omelette?
Or egg salad with the mayo?
And I’ll describe what egg tastes like as soon as you describe what red looks like to a blind person.
The whites don’t taste like much of anything.. The yolks have a distinct kind of indescribable taste. I am not a fan. I also hate mayo, but you could always make deviled eggs. Most people seem to think they’re tasty, even if does have the ever disgusting mayo in them.
Eggs are a very versatile food, and can be included in many recipes. Whether you have 3 ingredients or 10 ingredients, there is always many possibilities. It depends on what other ingredients you have at hand. Below, I suggest some ideas:
1. Boil an egg and serve with wholegrain bread, or crispbread and salad.
2. Scramble eggs with grated or finely chopped vegetables and serve with ham, tomato and mushrooms for a great Sunday morning meal.
3. Mash boiled egg with canned tuna and ricotta cheese for a high calcium sandwich filling or as a topping for wholegrain crackers.
4. Mix a beaten egg with grated reduced fat cheese, cracked pepper and parsley and stir through cooked wholemeal pasta for a quick and easy dinner or lunch. Serve with a green side salad.
5. Make healthy fried rice by mixing cooked, chopped vegetables, ham and chopped boiled egg with cooked rice. Add sauces to taste and cook until heated through.
6. Add boiled, ᴘᴇᴇled and chopped eggs to a garden salad. Top with a dressing made from low fat yoghurt, fresh dill, capers, red onion and lemon juice
7. Make a healthy frittata by mixing 6 eggs with 1 cup cooked rice or pasta, ½ cup ricotta cheese and ½ cup chopped parsley. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and stir fry 2 cups of your favourite chopped vegetables (try red onion, capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms, tomato). After 2 minutes, add egg mixture and cook through. Brown under the grill.
8. Mix 4 cracked, beaten eggs with 1 cup brown lentils and your favourite spices. Cut two red capsicums in half and place a spoonful of the lentil and egg mixture into the capsicum. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
I hope you find one of these suggestions appealing. Let me know which one you chose, and buon appetito!
Tuna egg salad
hardboiled egg chopped up
season to your liking
throw on a sandwich or eat as is!
If you mix it with other things, it tastes like the other things.
Sounds like you just don’t like hard-boiled eggs. Otherwise.. salt them or make deviled eggs.
They taste delicious with a pinch of salt, but that’s my personal opinion.
it’s tast good.. cut them into 2 pieces or four add little salt and have it.