Spinning is a term that is not part of the dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE). It is a concept that allows to name the training aerobic that was developed on a stationary bicycle, to the rhythm of the music.
For example: “Yesterday I signed up for spinning: I want to get into the summer in good physical shape”, “The doctor recommended that I do spinning twice a week”, “My uncle is a spinning coach in a gym in San Fernando”.
Spinning, also known as indoor cycling, was created by the South African cyclist Jonathan Goldberg at the beginning of the decade of 1990 with the intention of promoting a comprehensive and group exercise.
It should be emphasized that this sport is carried out in intervals. By this we mean that during each class, in front of which there is a coach, changes are made in both pedaling speed and intensity. Hence, the person who practices spinning in each session will pedal as if it were on flat ground, as if he were doing an up or down, as if he had to face a sharp curve …
Is practice brings many benefits to Body, as it helps burn calories and cholesterol, strengthens the muscles of the lower limbs, strengthens the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, lowers blood pressure, improves blood distribution and tones the buttocks.
To all those benefits mentioned above from spinning, we should add other equally significant ones that are what make more and more people bet on this sport to stay in shape:
• Helps improve both strength and endurance.
• It is a very complete activity, since with it not only the legs are improved, but also the buttocks, arms and lats, among other parts of the body.
• They are able to eliminate toxins.
• It is an activity especially recommended to put an end to stretch marks, cellulite or orange peel problems.
• Helps lower cholesterol.
• It is a perfect ally to put an end to stress, since it allows the release of endorphins.
• It is no less important to note that spinning becomes an ideal sport to be able to have the mind and body in perfect balance.
• Contributes to ending insomnia problems.
• Undoubtedly, it improves the self-esteem of those who practice this sport.
• Helps to correct what is body posture.
An important advantage of spinning is that it does not require a great capacity for balance or coordination, unlike other aerobic practices. Spinning can also be done in a group, since the bicycles are fixed. Usually the practice is led by a coach who suggests speed and movements.
It is important to note that the possibility of injury in spinning it is very low, which makes it an exercise suitable for all ages. However, it must be borne in mind that before starting spinning or doing any type of physical activity, it is necessary to go to a doctor to perform the corresponding examinations that guarantee that the Health you will not put yourself at risk.