Saving is the saving action (save money for the future, reserve part of the ordinary expense or avoid a greater expense or consumption) and the thing that is saved. Saving, therefore, is the difference in disposable income and expenditure incurred.
For instance: “If we want to buy a car, we have to save about three hundred dollars a month for two years.”, “My grandfather always said that saving is the basis of fortune”, “When I am lucky in business, I dedicate myself to saving: in this way, I am prepared for the future in case the situation worsens”, “With government policies, saving is an endangered species”.
If a man he earns a thousand pesos a month and spends eight hundred in the same period, his savings will be two hundred pesos. This money can be saved as a safeguard against unforeseen expenses that may occur in the future or in order to specify a larger expense (which requires more than a month of savings).
It is very important to establish that there is what is known as a savings bank. Basically this is an establishment whose clear objective is to save what are the savings of ordinary citizens who request it, their clients, while granting them an interest in it.
At any time, and especially in times of crisis, it is necessary to save, which is also called “tightening the belt.” Therefore, a series of tips that are of great interest must be followed, such as the following:
• It is necessary to avoid compulsive purchases. You just have to buy what you really need.
• You have to thoroughly analyze the prices of supermarkets to see which one offers the best products and discounts.
• You also have to keep in mind the second-hand market as it offers very interesting items.
• When buying clothes, you can opt for wholesale companies, which offer more affordable prices.
• Reduce unnecessary expenses per month.
• Get a mobile phone rate that is cheaper and also covers your needs.
These are some of the tips that serve to save money, something that can also be done by carrying out what is energy saving, that is, a reduction in the electricity bill. This can be reduced by following recommendations like these:
• Turn off those devices that are turned on and are not being used.
• Do not put electrical appliances, such as dishwashers and washing machines, at half load.
• Bet on having the air conditioning and heating at the recommended temperatures.
Savings can be classified in a number of ways. The private savings is the one obtained by Business that do not belong to State and by families in general. In the first case, it is the company’s profit minus dividends and can be used for investments. In the family case, saving is the family’s income minus consumption expenses.
The public savingsInstead, it is carried out by the state. The income is obtained through taxes, state companies, etc., while the expenditure is made in hospitals, schools, roads and public works in general. If the State saves, we are in a surplus situation (income exceeds expenses); otherwise, we speak of a deficit (income is insufficient to meet public expenditures).