Mother is the female or woman who has given birth. For instance: “Ema became a mother a week ago: she gave birth to twins”, “I have always dreamed of being a mother, but the years fly by and it is increasingly difficult to get pregnant”, “Lucy gave birth to six puppies, five of which were given in adoption“.
The mothers of the group of mammals, which includes human beings, gestate their children in the womb. The offspring is first an embryo, then a fetus, and finally, when it has developed, it is born after labor when the mother gives birth. It should be mentioned that not all women can give birth naturally, so they undergo a surgical intervention known as Caesarean section, which consists of making a cut in the abdominal area and the uterus to facilitate the birth of their children.
The concept of mother transcends the limits of biology. Women who adoptWhether due to infertility or the desire to collaborate with the millions of children who are anxiously waiting for a home, they also become mothers since they fulfill the same function that is linked to the woman who gives birth. This means that being a mother goes far beyond the begetting itself, but includes issues such as love, care and attention.
Mother is, on the other hand, the title given to certain nuns: “Mother Teresa of Calcutta did a great humanitarian work”, “Mother, I would like to collaborate with donations for your congregation”. The religious use of the term dates back to the consideration of the Virgin mary What Mother of God.
The word also allows to refer to origin, cause or root from which something comes: “The surprise resignation of the coach was the mother of all the problems that currently afflict the team”, “This is the mother of all battles”.
It is a depression of very varied intensity that affects women within a maximum period of one year after giving birth, although it usually occurs during the first trimester.
Regarding its causes, no one has delimited them exactly, although this type of depression is usually related to a series of very typical factors of the pregnancy, such as the following:
* changes that the body undergoes on a physical and hormonal level, both due to pregnancy and childbirth, with the consequent repercussions on mood;
* changes at the social level, since their interpersonal relationships are affected by their state;
* lack of free time and energy, partly caused by sleep disorders;
* concern faced with the possibility of not becoming a good mother;
On the other hand, it is believed that those who:
* are under twenty years of age;
* consume tobacco, alcohol or some type of narcotic, which also creates a significant risk for the Health of the child;
* have not planned to become pregnant or have seriously considered having an abortion;
* have had depression or an anxiety disorder before or during another pregnancy;
* live a tragic event or very difficult to overcome during pregnancy or at the time of giving birth, such as the death of a loved one, a birth complication or the news of a serious illness in the newborn;
From the moment of Birth and the following two or three weeks, there is a phenomenon known as puerperal depression, the most common symptoms of which are irritability, high feelings of anxiety and sadness, leading to tears and confusion. When these symptoms do not disappear or when they occur a month or more after birth, we can speak of postpartum depression.