It is called relief to what modify a flat surface, either through elevation or depression. Land, for its part, is what is linked to the Earth or the planet Earth.
The notion of Land relief, therefore, encompasses the different ways that can be seen on our planet at the surface level and even on the seabed. According to its altimetry and morphology, we can identify the following types of relief:
* plain: It is a extension no elevations that can be found at sea level. Within this group are recognized the low plateau (it is a plain that does not exceed 700 meters above sea level (masl), the mid-plateau (that which is between 700 and 1400 masl) and the plateau (a flat terrain that exceed 1400 masl);
* eminence: it is a portion of land whose elevation exceeds sea level, with different possible height limits. Here we can differentiate between the hill (an eminence that does not rise beyond 700 meters above sea level; it is known by the name of hill when you have a height moderate, and can be in groups of relative isolation and present slopes of fluid slope and rounded aspect), the mountain (with altitudes that exceed 700 meters above sea level) and group of eminences (mountain ranges, mountain massifs, mountain ranges, orographic knots and serrezuelas);
* depression: opposite to the previous types, it is a terrain that is below sea level. In this case, we can distinguish between absolute depression (its altitude does not really reach the altitude of the sea) and relative (it is below the land that surrounds it).
Depression, for its part, can be divided into more than one type of land relief, which are detailed below:
* Valley: it is a relative depression that can be found in the middle of two or more mountains and that usually has a stream of water;
* Canyon: it is a deep river gorge that is born from the erosion of the Water or because of the action of tectonic agents;
* Canada: resembles the cannon, although it has a lower magnitude. This term can also refer to a livestock road (through which cattle pass) whose width does not exceed 20 meters (this can be described with the names of lagging roads or sidewalks);
* basin: this type of land relief is distinguished by having flows of water flowing into a single lake or river. Its shape is concave, which means that this depression has a fairly open appearance.
The conformation of the relief is linked to various processes that take place over millions of years. The activity of volcanoes, earthquakes and erosion generated by different agents are some of the geological processes that determined and still determine the land relief.
Beyond the action of nature, the human being It can also affect the land relief. If, in a country, dynamite is used to develop a mining activity in a mountain range, the relief of the region will be modified. Where before there was a mountain of a certain height, after the explosions there will be a different relief.
The land relief determines a good part of human life. The economy, for example, it depends on the relief: it is not the same to dedicate yourself to agriculture or livestock in an area of mountainous relief. The land relief, on the other hand, affects the tourist potential (a mountain can develop a tourist offer linked to sports such as skiing and snowboarding, to mention one possibility).