Fellowship is he link that exists between partners. Companions, for their part, are the people who accompany each other for some purpose, forming some kind of community, Body or team.
For example: “We need to foster camaraderie in the company if we want to meet our objectives”, “The team won again because of the camaraderie and the solidarity of its members in defense”, “The teacher is concerned about the lack of companionship between the children”.
The notion of companionship is often used to name the good correspondence and the harmony between peers. This means that, in this sense, not all relationships between colleagues reflect companionship, but some only arise from physical proximity or from the fact of forced sharing of certain tasks.
If a course consists of 25 students, it can be said that all of them are classmates. However, the companionship will be given by attitudes of solidarity between them, such as when a child lends their school supplies to another or when someone shares their lunch with another person, and these situations and actions must arise spontaneously.
In a business, a organization or a sports ensemble, camaraderie is the foundation for successful teamwork. The cohesion between the members helps to exploit individual capacities and the result of the group’s action to be better. Teams whose members share values, standards of conduct, and goals are the most likely to succeed. Companionship also makes everyday life more enjoyable as it helps build camaraderie climates.
Two fundamental objectives for the bonds of companionship to be established in a work environment are the well-being and defense of others, and some of the basic points to achieve them with success are as follows:
* build relationships with as many colleagues as possible, preferably with all of them, to try to get to know them well and find out what their strengths and weaknesses are, their needs and the values they can contribute to the rest of the team;
* have an open mindSince in large groups it is very common for people of different races, cultures, sexual orientations and religions to coexist, among other characteristic features, and contempt or lack of acceptance can only lead to failure;
* kindly welcome new members, avoiding any kind of practical joke and teaching them everything possible to make their time at the company a experience pleasant and enriching, both for him and for others;
* criticize constructively, thinking about how to help others improve, always taking into account the effort of others before pointing out their mistakes, looking for words that do not hurt, but rather suggest possible changes;
* accept the criticism of others, since, as long as they are constructive, they will help us to grow and become better professionals.
Companionship makes the difference between productivity and production; A group of people who learn to treat each other with mutual respect and a constructive vision has many possibilities of achieving more than they set out to do, since the richness of an activity done with motivation is incalculable. On the other hand, when the union is forced and there is no good work environment, the day to day becomes monotonous and the effort loses meaning little by little, which seriously affects the strength of the team.
It is important to underline that at the base of companionship is also looking for one’s own wellness in the group; In no case should the needs of others be allowed to overshadow their own, but the best path is the one that encourages everyone to grow as much as possible at each step.