The adjective attitudinal is used to refer to what is linked to the attitude. Attitude, on the other hand, is called disposition or manifestation of mood that is learned to give a consistent response, whether positive or negative, to the same social object (a person, an idea or anything that results from human activity).
For example, our expectations about our future employment can be considered a social object; our optimism or our pessimism correspond to the attitude we show in response to it. It goes without saying that between these two extremes there are a large number of nuances, which are much more frequent.
The attitudinal is associated with learning and maintaining an attitude. The attitudinal knowledge allows you to forge a trend and develop a certain behavior in front of different situations or events.
It is important to mention that the attitudinal is related to the type of behavior that an individual assumes in certain contexts. That position It depends on internal factors of the subject and goes beyond what it is responsible for expressing verbally.
It is understood that attitudinal skills allow “to know” how to act. This makes them very valuable in all areas of the life, especially at the professional level.
The resilience and the proactivity They are two extremely useful attitudinal skills. Those who manage to overcome adversity (that is, they are resilient) and have their own initiative and the ability to foresee future needs (they are proactive) have significant resources to progress in the workplace.
It is often stated that attitudinal competencies reflect the ability to social interaction and the condition of emotional health. A person with good competencies of this type is more likely to achieve their goals compared to one who does not have these attitudinal components.
All this is included in the framework of the attitudinal intelligence, the one that helps us to choose the best attitudes to achieve the following objectives:
* solve all the problems that we come across in our daily lives. In other words, it is the tool fundamental to adapt to our environment. A good example of this type of attitude is empathy, which helps us to understand the reality of our relatives and, thanks to this, to be able to help them;
* create systems that allow us to interpret reality in order to manipulate it. This requires creating new problems and solving them. The critical thinking is an example of an attitude that constantly guides us to learn new concepts through processes complex and variable;
* create our goals. This applies to each individual and to society as a whole, in the short and long term, and is seen in attitude-oriented attitudes. creativity and the flexible thinking;
* choose objectives through processes of feedback and evaluation of the possible ones, and determine the best tools to achieve them.
Attitudinal intelligence, in short, consists of the ability to select the appropriate attitudes to define and achieve objectives and to solve problems, for example. Like all intelligence, enables the creation of information and favors adaptation to the environment.
In attitude we can distinguish the following three components:
* thinking: all beliefs and ideas that are linked to the attitude itself;
* emotions: those unleashed by the corporate purpose. These can be positive or negative and have different degrees of intensity;
* conduct: it is the aspect of the attitude that can be observed from the outside, since it is reflected in the actions of the individual when it crosses the social object and responds to its stimulus. It is important to note that the context unfailingly conditions us, either for better or for worse.