The French word antisepsis came to our idiom What antisepsis. The concept refers to the process that allows eliminate microorganisms that can cause different kinds of infections or avoid its appearance.
For the development of antisepsis, are used antiseptics. These are chemicals that prevent the growth of microbes or that destroy them, protecting the body’s tissues. Antisepsis is essential to minimize the chances of infection in the setting of a surgical intervention.
As the term itself suggests, antisepsis is the opposite of sepsis or septicemia: the infection that is generated by microbes or their toxins that affect the blood. When antisepsis is carried out, there is no sepsis.
Antisepsis combines the use of disinfectants (which are responsible for eliminating microorganisms found in non-living elements) and antibiotics (they attack the microbes present in the organism). These antiseptics, in turn, can inhibit the growth and / or eliminate microorganisms, depending on the case.
The most effective antiseptics are those that act quickly, have a broad spectrum, and their effects extend over the weather. This facilitates antisepsis and prevents different types of infections.
The alcohol, the peroxide, the iodine and the soaps they are the most common antiseptics. These are items of daily use, both to eliminate pathogens from the body (when washing hands with soap before eating, for example) and to disinfect objects (when alcohol is applied to earrings or earrings that go through the ears).
The best natural antiseptics
Lovers remedies Homemade and natural products do not need to have a myriad of medications, since many of the fruits, vegetables and flowers that abound in the home have antiseptic power, and are ideal for treating different situations, from wounds to dirt. Furthermore, its effects are more intense than those of its industrial equivalents.
Let’s look at some of the best natural antiseptics:
* carrot: if we have to face a problem of postulence or disinfect a wound, one of the most effective products is the carrot. Regarding its application, it is enough to boil and grate it, to make a simple pasta that then we must spread over the affected area and let it rest for a few minutes before removing it with warm water;
* onion: another of the products that we commonly have at home, and that has more applications than mere food preparation. The onion It is among the most powerful bactericides, and therefore it is used to prevent the typical winter colds. It can be used boiled, in a similar way to carrots, or also raw, applying on the area to be treated the fine tissues that it has between layer and layer;
* lavender: This plant is a favorite of many for its aroma and appearance, but it also has antibiotic and astringent properties that make it an ideal product to practice antisepsis. For this we must make a infusion with a handful of branches or flowers, and apply on the body;
* Garlic: it is one of the most versatile natural products, and in this case we are interested in its fungicidal action. To prevent a wound from becoming infected, simply peel a few cloves of garlic, crush them into a paste, and then apply it to the skin. It is also useful in problems such as athlete’s foot and onychomycosis (an infection that occurs in the nails);
* laurel: far from being just a condiment, laurel is a perfect antiseptic and disinfectant, thanks to a series of compounds found in its leaves that create a barrier against bacteria and viruses. Its application can be made by means of an infusion or essential oil.