From Latin addictthe addiction It is the habit that dominates Will of one person. It’s about the dependence on a substance, an activity, or a relationship. For example: “The actor had to go to a specialized clinic to treat his drug addiction”, “I lost many years of my career because of my addiction”, “I’m worried: I think my son has an Internet addiction”.
Addictions control the thoughts and behaviors of people, who only want to get or do the desired thing. To satisfy this desireaddicts can commit crimes, distance themselves from their loved ones and put their own integrity at risk, since they lose track of reality.
It is important to distinguish between a consumerist habit and an addiction. A person who has the habit of drinking a glass of wine a day is not addicted; instead, the individual who feels the need to drink every day and who cannot stop suffers from an addiction.
Addiction, therefore, has serious consequences in the daily lives of addicts. An addiction can cause problems Healthdamage to human bonds, inconveniences at work, etc.
There are various symptoms that come to make it clear that a person in question is under the influence of an addiction. Specifically, among the most significant are the following:
• Loss of interest in hobbies or activities that were once very important.
• Weight changes.
• Sudden changes in mood.
• Anger and nervousness of the addict when someone tells him that he is.
• Weakness and difficulty falling asleep.
• Pictures of anxiety, stress or depression.
In any of the existing types of addiction, the fundamental thing is that the person who wishes to recover follows the following advice:
• You must openly tell your partner, family or friends that you intend to leave the situation.
• You should ask the people around you to help you and to be by your side when you need it.
• It is essential that you are clear that you should stop going to places where you can get back in touch with what has caused you to be addicted.
• It is also essential that he be aware that because he has this addiction he is not a bad person but simply a sick person.
All this without forgetting, of course, that the addict must be clear that the recovery process is very long, that all his life he will have to have the problem under control and that he must have expert and professional help to achieve his goal. . It is also essential that he is motivated and willing to fight to recover the life he had before.
The drug addiction or drug dependence is addiction to drugs and involves an unsuccessful effort to stop use (which is increasing), a reduction in daily activities due to taking the drug, and suffering from a withdrawal syndrome when use is stopped.
The alcoholismthe smoking and the pathological gambling are other addictions with serious consequences for individuals.