The concept of assistant, which derives from the Latin word auxiliāris, is used to qualify that or that which provides assistance or some kind of help. Administrative, for its part, refers to what is related to administration (the act of organizing or arranging resources to achieve a goal).
The notion of Administrative Assistant refers to a job position or position that exists in most of the Business. The administrative assistant has the task of development of various activities of the company administration.
Administrative assistants carry out typical office jobs: file documents, carry out procedures, manage the agenda, etc. Usually you are people They are at the service of a hierarchical superior, helping him to fulfill his tasks.
The manager of a company, for example, may ask the administrative assistant to gather all the invoices of the purchases made in the last semester to analyze the expenses, the guarantees in force and other data. The administrative assistant, on the other hand, may be asked to communicate with clients who register a debt with the firm to coordinate when a collector can come to withdraw the payment.
An administrative assistant must have knowledge of customer service and suppliers, marketing, commercial techniques, quality standards, protocol, human relations, documentation and information technology, among other topics. The more knowledge the administrative assistant has, the better he will be able to develop his work and the more possibilities he will have to grow in the internal structure of the organization.
Although sometimes this job does not receive much respect from society, given that it is not at a high hierarchical level, it is necessary to emphasize that the offices would not be able to function properly and effectively if it were not for the administrative assistants. The large and varied number of tasks that they carry out on a daily basis must be considered together to appreciate their importance.
The presence of the administrative assistant in a company is so fundamental that the use of information and information depends largely on their work. functioning of administrative systems. Let’s see below some of its most significant functions in detail:
* administrative support: It does so by means of photocopying documents, filing, sending messages digitally, telephone service, managing supplies and recording incoming messages. In addition to these specific duties, it is not uncommon for you to replace the telephone switchboard and reception staff when they are absent;
* correspondence management: although in recent decades the volume of correspondence Physics has decreased considerably due to the overcrowding of the Internet, companies continue to send and receive packages, and the work of the administrative assistant is key so that everything reaches its destination;
* file management: this point can give rise to confusion, since in large companies there is usually a specific position for the administration of the file. However, when the volume of documents is not so great, the administrative assistant can take care of ordering and storing them for later use;
* personnel control: among its tasks in this area is the registration of absences, hours worked, rights to days off and claims;
* transcription of texts: it is common that you are asked to transfer a draft to the computer or to transcribe a recording;
* accountingAs if all the above were not enough, some administrative assistants have the obligation to perform tasks such as preparing invoices and calculating wages, social security contributions, tax deductions and the cost of orders.