More than one athlete’s legs shake when he hears the name of this test. Climbing this perforated wood with a wooden sticks is not an easy task. The technique and strength necessary for its realization is within the reach of very few, and you are or will be one of them. Come on!
Benefits of training with the climbing chart on your Crossfit WODs
Training with this fitness element will provide great benefits, especially in the upper part of your body. Among them:
- Increase of strength in your biceps
- Development of your high back
- Enhance your scapulae
- Toning of your forearm flexors.
Looking for a change to your upper body routine?
See our Crossfit Pegboard Selection
How to do the Pegboard in Crossfit, the best technique
❶ Insert the grips into the holes and decide on which side you are going to start.
❷ Make a dominate until you leave your shoulder at the height of the grip on which you are going to rest your weight. The dominated must be sticking your body as much as possible to the board and if you can helping yourself with your feet.
❸ Turn the weight on the side to rest the weight.
❹ Remove the other grip where you have not rested the weight and place it on an upper point.
❺ Perform a dominate over the highest grip and repeat the process.
Measures of a PegBoard Crossfit, are you thinking on a DIY Pegboard?
There are no standard measures for such obstacles. In general, if you are going to use it for your Crossfit wods, you must choose the correct measures to use:
- The pegboard goes up : you must choose a perforated board, which is longer than wide.
- The higher the more effort : if you want to practice suspension exercises or strengthen forearms and biceps, it doesn’t have to be very long. But if we want to climb as in the Crossfit Games, we must choose a length that allows us to climb a good route.
- The grip is important : that is why the holes that the pegboard presents must be sufficient to allow the athlete to have a good grip. The distance between them should not be very high, to accommodate the pace that the Crossfit athlete marks.
However, all pegboards for Crossfit should have a minimum of one meter high . In this way the athlete has a good range of motion, to practice climbing.
On the other hand, you must also have at least holes for both hands at the same height, to facilitate the climb.
How to know if this Crossfit Pegboard price is correct?
When purchasing Crossfit Pegboard, we must take into account several factors:
- The robustness of the material: these perforated planks must be able to support our weight and tension in suspension, so the most suitable are usually those made of reinforced wood.
- The length of the board: if the board is short, it will not allow you to scale. It is not bad to improve your strength in arms training with the peg board, but in the games and wods to climb up.
- The thickness of the hole: if the size or thickness of the hole is not adequate, you will not be able to easily insert or remove the sticks. This can make you spend unnecessary energy, vital to climb.
- Type of wall anchor: wall anchors must be strong and solid. They must be able to support our weight and movements, to give us security while climbing.
- Hardness of the sticks: the sticks with which we help each other to climb the pegboard must be resistant. Weak grips will split as soon as we drop our weight on them.
Based on these parameters, you can evaluate whether the price of the pegboard is cheap or excessive. Also with them you can make comparisons between different Crossfit Pegboards to evaluate, which of them is the best in its range.